Saturday, April 17, 2010

woman in mind....

Monday I auditioned for the play Woman in Mind and I ended up getting the lead. So that's cool. But what's not cool is the fact that I was told that there are some slightly sexual lines and I thought, okay, some and slightly isn't too bad I am sure I can handle it. I was also told that I needed to have a stage kiss and I was thinking, okay, it's probably just a peck so I can possibly get myself to do that. But in reality the play is uber sexual (including a sex scene) and I would have to make-out on stage and now I would like to quit because that is not my style at all and the whole thing makes me super uncomfortable. I tried to tell Dallas how I felt and I don't think that went over very well. I don't want him to think that I am a complainer or a quitter but I am completely uncomfortable with the entire thing and I am 94% sure I am not the only one. At the cast meeting on friday Kevin said he wanted to quit and I think that it was mostly due to the amount of sexual content in the play. It's just crazy. I don't want to quit because I really like acting and I would feel bad dropping out and leaving Ingrid to find another lead but this is driving me bonkers. I just feel like I was kinda mislead about what I had to do for this play. GAH!! Any idea what I should do?

No comments:

Post a Comment