Monday, June 18, 2012

BBQ

Zackery swapped housing locations this week. I like the new house he is in much more that the last one. I get along with all of the people that live there and it seems like things are pretty chill there so I hope he can live in this new house for a while. A few of the residents had birthdays this weekend so there was a family/friends barbecue Saturday night. It was really fun. Zack and I had a water fight with Joe's kids. They are adorable and they dominated in our watery war. Parts of the house were soaking wet but that was a small price to pay for all of the fun we had. Afterwards we threw a football around, ate, watched a movie, and just hung out. It was absolutely splendid. I was so caught up in all the fun that I forgot that we were even at a halfway house and that anyone had any baggage or trouble at all. It was so laid back and functional. Really, it was just an overall happy place with really cool people. I truly hope that everyone who lives there can look forward to a future full of nights like that one. I want everyone there who has been through and struggled with so much to find genuine happiness surrounded by people who care about them.

The yard size for the house is really quite large for the area that it is in but it's perfect for gatherings like this and all the games we played. Joe had some tents sent up for his kids to have a little camp out with him. How adorable is that?? The weather and lighting saturday night was absolutely beautiful and the mountains were stunning.



This is Lexie. She's 6 and she has my heart. She followed me around the entire night. Zack calls her my girlfriend because she always wants to cuddle or hang out with me. Lexie calls Zack, Zackaroni and it is the most adorable thing I've ever heard. She said that Zack is her new best friend and Zack was very pleased with that.  Joe has the best kids ever. Despite what I have heard about his past I think he is a splendid dad. He cares about his kids a lot and makes sure that he really takes advantage of the time he shares with them. I am so happy for him and how often he has been able to see his kids. That is so rare for someone who has ever had a drug problem but I think that seeing his kids has helped him a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment