Sunday, June 10, 2012

Family, Fair, Fireworks

My grandma has run into quite a few health issues in the last few days. For the last few months she has been falling asleep in the middle of doing things and ends up falling down and really hurting her self. The last few times I've seen her she has looked like a beaten raccoon. These falls have caused some accumulative damage that are now starting to take a toll. A few weeks ago I would have given her a few years to live and now it's hard to say if she'll be around at Thanksgiving this year. It's quite tragic really, I feel like I'm watching someone dance with death. She can no longer stand on her own, walking and using the bathroom alone are completely out of the question. Her short term memory is gone and she has a hard time remembering to eat and take her pills. Having conversations with her is difficult as well. You ask her a question and her answer has nothing to do with anything. It's hard for me to absorb this whole experience. She is my last living grandparent and it's really depressing to just watch her turn into nothing. I don't even know how to really describe my emotions when it comes to this just because I'm so perplexed by it all.

My Uncle and his family are planning on coming to visit next month due to the fact that we haven't seen them in 5 years. I am kind of excited though, while I may not get a long with most of them very well I do have one cousin that I click with and he's thinking about bringing out his boyfriend and I'd love to meet him. Yep, you read right. His boyfriend. I have a gay cousin and I absolutely adore him and I hope the best for him and the current relationship he is in. I know that the church I believe in might not be an advocate of gay rights but I figure if it makes you happy it's all good. I think my cousin will be a fabulous dad too. I can't wait to see him adopt a baby a few years down the road. That baby will be going into a good house.

In other news my dear friend Hilary and I drew pictures for our friend who is out of state for the summer. Hilary's picture was LMFAO themed and I think it's absolutely splendid. I loved it so much she ended up drawing me my own version. While we drew our pictures for Jim we sang loud and proud to all the Lonely Island songs. Oh man, we had a good time. It turns out I can't draw at all. We also made a Starbucks run with the always adorable Katie and we exchanged all kinds of stories and it was all kinds of good times.


In other friendly news. I had a lunch date with Miss Maren this week and it was great. I love spending time with her. I wish I could see her more but she's pretty busy now a days. I also saw Gabe, Manil and I met another boy from the ward named John. They are good folk. We saw The Artist and exchanged stories and youtube videos.

Despite all of those things, the best part of my week was seeing Zackery on Saturday. He has been on restriction from seeing me because he had lied to the people who work at the halfway house. But this week I got to see him again!! I was ecstatic! However, there were some rules I had to follow when I saw him, like I can only go to the halfway house and then there were places we could and couldn't go and there was a curfew. I was terribly nervous about hanging out a halfway house though. Even the thought of it made my anxiety sky rocket. There's not anything wrong with the place or the people. I was just terrified. I guess it's just not my usually hangout is what I'm getting at.

I am glad to say that it went well though. I met some new people, they were very interesting to say the least. One man I met, Boyd, is a part of the SAC Gang and he told me all about it. I was very fascinated by it actually. I was taught about the basic beliefs and the structure of the gang and how it is a real brotherhood. He was cool. I think we're friends now? He said if anyone tried to mess with me that he'd take care of it. So that was nice. I guess that should be a waning to all of you that I have serious people looking out for me. Don't mess with it.

I met a girl, Sammy, who is super super cute and apparently she is the "whore" of the house but she was very nice. She has 2 kids. She's 24. She seemed pretty chill and she knows everything about everyone in the house. We clicked pretty well to the point that I concluded that if I lived there she'd be my best friend. She also said she had my back. So despite my original fear that I'd be a hated outsider I think I did pretty well for day 1 at the halfway house.

I really am pleased with how it went. Zack and I were able to go to the fair and we went grocery shopping which really is a whole days event for Zack just because he really does take his dear time at the store. ( REALLY THOUGH! We were there for 2 hours! 2 bloody hours!! I love this boy but that is simply too much time at the store.) We cooked some food, played chess, walked around, watched some tv, and to top it all off we watched some fireworks with Sammy. All in all it was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment