Saturday, July 7, 2012

AAmerica


To celebrate my country's independence I went with some AA members to the Spanish Fork Reservoir. In all my years of living so close to it I had no idea of its existence. It was absolutely stunning. I couldn't believe that I had never heard of this magnificent place. I love swimming in natural waters and although this wasn't all natural my needs were more than met. There was moss and it was deep, slimy and smelt of fish. Ahhh. I was in heaven. It was freezing cold but it felt so nice compared to the sun beating on my back. A few of us swam all the way across and back. I am a good swimmer but that took much more energy than I anticipated. I had so much fun though. We just splashed around in the water and hung out all afternoon.  Zack even caught himself a fish!

Later that night a group of us went to Rock Canyon Park and watched all the fireworks that were lit across the valley. It was a sight. I do love fireworks. There is just something about an explosion of color in the sky that I just can't resist. Between the fireworks, good company and the late night hang out, I really couldn't have asked for a better day!

No comments:

Post a Comment